In the name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy.
By the grace of Allah, Madeenah.com was launched in December 2004 with the objective of disseminating the teachings of the Qur’an & Sunnah upon the understanding of the Salaf. It is a platform whereby Salafi graduates and students of the Islamic University of Madeenah can benefit the Muslim masses through the works of the scholars.
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
Be keen on what benefits you and seek assistance from Allah… [Collected by Muslim]
- The site endeavours to concern itself with what is beneficial to the Muslims in the West, avoiding matters that are of little benefit, or delving into matters that do not concern them.
- The site is free of all forms of extremism, excessive leniency, bigotry, and partisanship.
- The site does not affiliate to any group, website or organization, nor is the site considered to be a group or organization within itself.
- The students of knowledge who contribute to the site are not, and do not consider themselves to be part of a group or organisation, nor is it a condition to be affiliated to any group in order to contribute to the site. They do not hold a unified opinion on matters of Ijtihaad, nor is there an Islamic requirement for this.
Often the case may be that the students of knowledge do not know each other, nor have worked with each other personally, but the bond of the Sunnah unites us.
– We cooperate upon Birr and Taqwaa by disseminating knowledge of the Salafi scholars; and our cooperation does not necessarily extend beyond that. There is no partisanship involved – as is the way of the Salaf and their true followers.
- Contributing to the site does not necessitate that one agrees with everything that is published on the site, indeed it is possible that two contributors follow differing opinions of the Ulama on a particular issue, each one supporting his opinion with evidences and clarifying the weakness of what he holds to be the incorrect opinion. There are many examples of those greater and more knowledgeable than us differing on issues of fiqh, furoo’ and ijtihaad. However they always maintained respect and honour between them.
- Each article only represents the view of its author; in no way does any particular article represent the view of the website as a whole or any other contributor as some incorrectly portray. We do not know this except to be the understanding of a people cultivated upon Hizbiyyah, that everyone cooperating on a certain project or website necessitates that they are affiliated to each other, or that they all conform to the opinion of one in all matters, this is not and has never been the way of the Salaf or the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah.
- Additionally, the individual Da’wah activities and positions of any scholar or student does not reflect the agreement or disagreement of the website as a whole or any particular translator or scholar.
With respect to translating the words of the scholars, we aim to maintain a high level of integrity by including;
- the name and identity of the author and the translator
- the original Arabic text and its reference
- contact information (in case of errors in the translation or in the understanding of the scholars speech)
Thus the site provides the exact speech of the scholars, translated and unaltered, just as they have intended it in Arabic – without swaying the reader into understanding the speech of the scholar according to the understanding of a translator; by writing extensive introductions, conclusions, explanations, footnotes and cut and paste selections of a scholar’s speech – as is rampant with some websites and individuals who insist on explaining away the speech of the scholars to suit their objectives.
As for other articles, lessons and lectures by the students themselves, they are broadcast in their own names. Each one individually responsible for what he broadcasts.
The Scholars praise of Madeenah.com
Shaykh Saalih as-Suhaymee:
After looking at the website “Madeenah.com”, which is supervised by the esteemed Shaykh Khalid ibn Qasim ar-Raddadee (may Allah preserve him) and administrated by a group of Islamic University of Madeenah graduates from the West, I have found it to be a valuable, beneficial, salafi website which focuses on the translation and dissemination of statements and fatwas by the Imams of Ahlus Sunnah and Salafi Mashaayikh.
Ash-Shaykh Wasee-Ullah ‘Abbaas:
Some of the brothers requested that I have a look at “Madeenah.com”, a website administrated by some of the western students [from the Islamic University of Madeenah]. I found that they have included in their website lectures by the well-known Salafi scholars, and subjects that concern the Salafees. I pray to Allah that they continue in this endeavor that they do not change.
Shaykh Khaalid ar-Raddaadee:
Indeed, the website “Madeenah.com” is from amongst the beneficial and distinguished Salafi sites. I have been aware of this site since the time it was an idea proposed by some Salafi students of knowledge from the West…And truth be told, I do not know of a Salafi website like it, presenting [the reader] with material simultaneously published in two languages – English and Arabic. 
Since there is no book except the Book of Allah that is free from deficiencies or errors, we always welcome and encourage any advice, comments, criticism and corrections so long as they are scholastic and evidence-based, not wild accusations with no substance, based on delving into other people’s intentions, or connecting dots that cannot be connected without a wild and oppressive imagination.
Finally, we welcome and encourage the free sharing of our content, with the condition that the works are not altered in any way nor used for material gain.
We ask Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, to make our efforts sincerely for His sake, and to cause our works to be an avenue of benefit for the Muslims. And may the Salaat and Salaam be upon our final Messenger Muhammad, his family and companions.
 Refer to this article for more on Shaykh Khaalid’s responses to some of the ridiculous attacks that are continually levied against this site.
 You can read the full recommendations here
The requirements for contributing to the site have been outlined by its direct supervisor, the esteemed Shaykh Khaalid ar-Raddaadi (may Allah preserve him) and can be found here.